The Los Angeles Lakers are coming off of their second win of the season on Friday, and are looking to push their record sans Mike Brown to 2-0. Tonight, they host the Sacramento Kings, the same Kings that defeated the Lakers three times during the preseason. With rumors that Phil Jackson may make a triumphant return to Los Angeles filling the air, the Lakers must continue to simplify the game and mimic their play from Friday night.
#15 World Peace SF #52 Johnson
#16 Gasol PF #34 Thompson
#12 Howard C #15 Cousins
#24 Bryant SG #13 Evans
#5 Blake PG #22 Thomas
Key Matchup – Kobe Bryant vs. Marcus Thornton
Marcus Thornton, the third year guard out of LSU, is one of the best sixth men in the NBA. He is averaging 16.7 points, 2.3 assists, and 3,2 rebounds a game this season, which is roughly what Thornton has averaged in his career against the Lakers. He is a great shooter, that can score in bunches if he gets hot. Kobe Bryant is second in the league in scoring this season, averaging 27.2 a game, shooting a sweltering 56% from the field. Bryant has the best basketball mind in the NBA, and he can take over a game at the drop of a hat. For the sake of the Lakers' fans, hopefully Bryant won’t have to put up 27+ points for Los Angeles to get a win.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Game Preview: Lakers Vs. Kings in Las Vegas Tonight
- Game Preview: the Mike Brown-less Los Angeles Lakers Host the Golden State Warriors Tonight
- Dwight Howard Makes Lakers Debut in 99-92 Loss to Sacramento Kings (Video)
- Game Preview: Los Angeles Lakers Visit Utah Jazz Tonight
- Game Preview: Los Angeles Lakers Vs. Detroit Pistons
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/mo0